Saturday, October 8, 2011

Toy Photography: A Jologs' Guide


                If you like toy photography very much and can't come up with a perfect indoor lighting set up (like me), maybe you could try this...works only with a white background though.

I taped a white background on a chair outside like so.





Pia Cavegirl a soon-to-be model.^^






          I used to try LED lamps for indoor lighting set-up but it's no good...and buying extra lamps only for photography purposes is a bit too much in my case. These are only useful during brownouts. (hello kitty?)









           I used nokia N8 for this. Any point-and-shoot cameras will do but I find the n8 easy to use because of its big screen. It's easier to find nicer angles with it because of the screen...some point-and-shoot cameras got small screen making it hard to view on broad daylight. The picture above is unedited (only resized).











    
        I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager 2003 for editing. (very primitive if you're a pro adobe photoshop user) I only edit the background, leaving the subject untouched. Open the picture file with it and click edit pictures then choose the color option.








          You will then see the Enhance color option. Click it then apply it on areas that should be white. Do the lighter areas first (in this case, the area between the legs) before the darker areas (usually the four corners). Repeat the process until the background turns spotless white. Just don't over do it because the subject tends to look over-exposed to light.



No comments:

Post a Comment